cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
top1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Change a 6830 Officejet Pro 6830 from the offline to on line

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I have tried almost all of the fix its on bing.   Went to control panel found the printer and right clicked, went to what is printing and I have to items to be printed.  checked both items indicated then refreshed the printer, but it is still OFFLine.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Jamieson
Retired
Retired
8,276 7,338 382 840
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @top1, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you're having issues regarding your printer connectivity.  I'd like to help!

I would recommend removing the ink cartridges from the printer, and perform a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
top1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jasmieson didnt get a chance to try your suggestion.  I got mad and removed the software and re-installed it.  It took me about 20 minutes and it resolved my problem.  Appreciate time taken.

0 Kudos
heronrelief
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion of the power reset with removing the cartridges and it did not help. The problem began when I changed my modem. I have provided the new network name and password as well as the IP address and host name. 

0 Kudos
forrest2
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions, but still can not print. I do have the printer showing up on my lap top, but when i right click on properties and go to ports and try to configure port it says"an error occured during port configuration". I think my problem is that my lap top IP address and my IP address on the printer are different. This happens a lot, but in the past I would be able to change the IP address on my lap top to match my printer. Now it will not allow me to configure the port.

0 Kudos
Ahmad_Bakr
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear, I suffer from the same problem ever since I purchased the printer. It kind of comes and goes. Power reset never solved it although tried many times, as well as restarting the PC.

The only effective solution (though hectic) is to reinstall the printer SW and drivers from scratch!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation