cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
31 23 2 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change default print shortcut

Since I could find no response to jengwork (8-31-2010), I am assuming that either modifying an existing print shortcut or defining a new shortcut and making it the default is not possible.  I would like to have the default shortcut be a black and white print.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PhD Student
PhD Student
864 840 61 148
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Larry1895,

Thanks for the post.  Yes, you can do this. Please see the below to change the default settings.  If you would like to learn more about your product, Click Here

Change default settings for all future jobs (Windows)

To change the settings

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers or Printers and Faxes.

- Or -

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Printers.

2. Right-click the printer icon, and then click Properties, General Tab, or Printing

Preferences. (Under shortcuts look for factory defaults)

3. Change the settings that you want (black ink only/grayscale/black and white only), click apply and then click OK.

Change settings (Mac OS X)

To change the settings

1. On the File menu, click Page Setup.

2. Change the settings that you want (such as paper size), and then click OK.

3. On the File menu, click Print to open the print driver.

4. Change the settings that you want (such as media type), and then click OK or

Print.

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
Intern
Intern
31 23 2 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks again for the help
0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
864 840 61 148
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Larry1895,

No problem!  Glad everything is working.

Thank you for being an HP customer.

Regards,

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation