Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am unable to copy on my wireless printer.  Letter size paper is loaded but set for "custom".  How do I change it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you watch this resource to help resolve your issue?

HP Officejet Pro 8710 / 8720 /8730 /8740 : Copy & Scan a 2 sided document using the ADF

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

That was a very good video on copying and scanning a 2 sided document using the ADF, but that was not what I was looking for.  Perhaps I did not state it well.

I need to know who to change the paper setting for COPYING from ADF or scanner bed.  It is set on custom, plain paper with letter-size paper loaded in the tray.  I get the message - COPY does not support custom setting or there is a mismatch between the tray and the setting.  

HP Recommended

Hi,

This example will show you how to setup the tray (ignore the tray 2 as your printer doesn't support it but the steps are the same):

HP Officejet Pro 8730/8740 : Setup and use a "Copy" Default Tray

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.