cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Raising
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

When do I know when a printing cartridge is out of ink and needs to be changed?  I have a new HP Photosmart 5514.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Level 13
Level 13
6,010 5,980 487 1,017
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

Hello,

A LOI ( Low On Ink ) message would be displayed on the printer's display, indicating which cartridge is supposed to be replaced.

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 646
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

Hi
You'll see low on ink msgs and the print quality will be poor. You can into Tools to check the Estimated Ink Levels to get an idea of how much ink is left.
Ciara
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3 Desk10
Level 3
28 27 3 5
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

Hi Raising,

You will receceive low-ink warning when ink runs low.

Alternatively, you can check estimated ink level from the control panel. Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When you receive a low-ink warning message, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not have to replace the cartridges until the print quality is unacceptable.

" Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
. "

Desk10

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with “Accept as Solution”; if it solves your issue.
****Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up”; at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping

~Desk 10
Level 13
Level 13
5,903 5,828 465 1,574
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

Hi

Please find the link given below might give you more info.

Change an ink or toner cartridge

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
0 Kudos
Raising
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

The blue has a "dangerous" looking yellow triangle on it.  May I change the blue one only without changing the other two colored ones?

0 Kudos
Level 3 Desk10
Level 3
28 27 3 5
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

Hi Raising,

I'm not sure what other message that you receive at control panel. Depending on your error message, you can reference to the suggested troubleshooting tips in this web page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/searchResults?product=5063594&tmp_qt=ink+error&tmp_product=HP+Pho...

Yes, to answer your question directly, when you have this icon next to cyan ink, you only need to act on cyan ink and not the other two colored ones.

Desk10

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with “Accept as Solution”; if it solves your issue.
****Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up”; at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping

~Desk 10
0 Kudos
6quarks
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

I cant change cartridges on my HP Officejet Pro8500 Wireless printer; I cannot find the button with a "star"(*) to hold it for 5 second to have access to pulout the cartridges.

0 Kudos
6quarks
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

There is no any "cudos star"on  the sreen of my ptrinter HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless. Couild be so kind to tel me where I ca find the button (*) to hold for five seconds and be able to pull out the Ink Cartridges.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,789 3,298 152 319
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Changing cartridges

Hi 6quarks,

I would like to help you with your problem of changing the ink cartridges. In this document Replacing the Ink Cartridges. There is a video and also pictures on how to change the ink cartridges.

Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation