Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet 2541
Cleaning print heads on my hp deskjet 2541
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Rztr69

Here are some instructions on how to perform a clean on your printer model:

HP Support21.JPG

There are also some other tips in this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03803074

Update the drivers, here: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Best of luck :generic:

I am a HP employee.
However, the opinions expressed are solely my own and not the opinions of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Rztr69

Here are some instructions on how to perform a clean on your printer model:

HP Support21.JPG

There are also some other tips in this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03803074

Update the drivers, here: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Best of luck :generic:

I am a HP employee.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
MrsMc
Thank you for taking your time to explain the process on how to clean my Deskjet only problem is that I'm trying to do this using my mobile device its up to date
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge I will try to do this though hanks.
HP Recommended

Hi @Rztr69

Apologies but I dont know how to give this command to the printer from the Samsung phone.

You could perform a manual clean and see if that helps your issue.

To do this remove the cartridges from the printer and wipe the metal electrical contacts at the back of the cartridge with a damp lint free cloth. Check inside the printer to see if the printer metal contacts are clean and free of any blockages or debris.

Sorry I could not be of more help, good luck :generic:

I am a HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thank you you've been a great help MrsMc I did do a manual cleaning and the contacts were covered with ink ? Color ink side was saturated and barely any on black ink side I ran a test print in both black and color
Manually and prints came out looking good
Now I'm going to try and connect and run a print wirelessly..keep you posted..
Thank you again for ur help
HP Recommended

Great! Glad you got sorted @Rztr69

Please do keep me posted on the wireless printing :generic:

I am a HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.