Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 10 (9,717 Views)

Color Laser 2550 N Prints only blank pages after installing new toner cartridges!

Anyone have ideas or suggestions? thanks!
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 10 (9,697 Views)

Re: Color Laser 2550 N Prints only blank pages after installing new toner cartridges!

Did you install all of the new cartridges at once?  Do the old cartridges still work?  Do you get any error messages or is there anything logged to the event log? Is there an image appearing on the image drum?  (to check this, try printing a config page or demo page from the manual feed tray, the moment the tail end of the paper enters the printer, open the access door.  This will stop the printer and you can then pull out the image drum to see if there is any toner on there - if yes then the issue with no toner on the paper might be a transfer issue, if there's no toner on the image drum then you might have an electrical issue with the printer).

Good luck and let me know the results!

insert signature here
Tutor
Message 3 of 10 (9,688 Views)

Re: Color Laser 2550 N Prints only blank pages after installing new toner cartridges!

(1) Make sure that the toner pull strip is removed from the cartridge.  It has an orange ring attached to it.

(2) Try printing pages directly from the printer control panel.  For example, using the control panel access the "reports" menu and print the "Supplies Status" page.  This page contains all 4 colors and will make sure that the problem does to lie with the software program you are using to print.

ScottH - An HP employee

Top Student
Message 4 of 10 (9,681 Views)

Thanks for the input thus far; I will try to check the imaging drum. All pull-strips are out, and when I print the supply page, it prints blank.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 10 (9,489 Views)

I have an AIO Color LaserJet 2840 and have exactly the same problem.  I've recently relocated and when I unpacked the printer at my new location there was a very faint, uneven image being produced.  I had been seeing a yellow toner relacement warning for some time prior to the move and in the relocation the printer was delayed for a couple of weeks so I assumed that it had been poorly stored and that perhpas the toners and drum had been affected by this. 

Today, I replaced all four toner cartridges and the imaging drum.  I am now getting an even poorer image -- just a ghost of cyan in one corner.  I have tried printing both from PC and, as earlier suggested, from the printer control panel.  the results are similar in each case. 

I have definitely removed the tabs from the toner cartridges and have checked the imaging drum...  I do not know for this model how I can check-up on the other suggestion regarding checking whther or not there is toner on the drum. 

Any advice greatly appreciated, please.... 

Thank you,

John

Master's Graduate
Message 6 of 10 (9,482 Views)

You can do the same test for seeing if an image is being placed on the imaging drum as I described in my post above.  In any event with the 2840 - they hate being moved and likely you will need service to either reseat the carousel or fix the broken latch on the laser window.  Good luck!
insert signature here
Top Student
Message 7 of 10 (9,478 Views)

Per a helpful HP employee this problem seems to relate to the rotor being "unindexed" i.e. not being aligned properly, much like a car where the timing belt has slipped. They emailed me directions for how to fix this [which I have given to my local technician, not being particularly skilled with this] and I await results. Apparently this can arise from rough handling, moving, or difficulty inserting cartridges [which in retrospect did occur in my case].

I'll let you all know if this works...

Honor Student
Message 8 of 10 (9,448 Views)

Thank you both, Frprinterwhiz and Doctor. I tried that interrupted page thing, Fr, and there is a better -- but still incomplete -- image prior to fusing. While our printers are different, I don't suppose, Doc, you'd e-mail me those instructions, would you, please? (johnmaguire@ymail.com)
Student
Message 9 of 10 (7,301 Views)

DoctorH wrote:

Per a helpful HP employee this problem seems to relate to the rotor being "unindexed" i.e. not being aligned properly, much like a car where the timing belt has slipped. They emailed me directions for how to fix this [which I have given to my local technician, not being particularly skilled with this] and I await results. Apparently this can arise from rough handling, moving, or difficulty inserting cartridges [which in retrospect did occur in my case].

I'll let you all know if this works...

I just recently moved my printer via plane ride and now I'm having the issue of it printing only blank pages... would anyone have the document described above on how to fix such a problem?

Thank you!

Student
Message 10 of 10 (5,489 Views)

do you have the instructions still i am having the same problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation