Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (3,974 Views)

Color LaserJet 3600

Hi

We have this printer installed on a print server running 64 bit Server 2008 and the clients run 32 bit Vista.  The Universal driver version 61.082.6141 prints grayscale inverted ie white text on a very black background.  Printing in colour gives correct results as does installing the drivers on a 32 bit server.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

TIA

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 6 (3,843 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 3600

I am having the same problem with my LaserJet 3600n.  Color printing works fine, but grayscale printing inverts the black and white.  I am running windows 7 32 bit with the printer connected via the network.

Any suggestions?

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (3,244 Views)

I am running into this same problem with some 3600dn's we have.  Color works fine.  We went from XP using novell directory print services to Windows 7 and iPrint.  Now when my users try to print grayscale it is printing the black back ground with white letters.  I have tried changing to the 3700 drivers but I can't even find an option to print to grayscale at all with that driver.  Was hoping a newer driver on the next model up would work.  I also tried direct printing via IP and same problem.  I have also been able to replicate this on more than one printer.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (3,244 Views)

[ Edited ]

Whoops doubled...

Highlighted
Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,516 Views)

Is there any resolution to this issue? I have the same issue with the 3600c printers. It prints a black background when Grayscale printing is selected. Is there a work around or any response from HP this year?

Student
Message 6 of 6 (541 Views)

I am having this same issue using windows 8.1. It just started after I tried to print in grayscale since my cyan toner is empty. Even after I changed it back to non grayscale it continues to print the negative Black is white and white is black.

Can anyone help with this??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation