Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Color Laserjet Pro CM1415fnw Covers page in cyan when left on.

I have a Color Laserjet pro CM1415fnw that started dumping cyan toner over all print jobs. you can still see the entire print job behind a wall of blue. It will print a few jobs clean if the printer has been turned off and unplugeed for a little while but when left on will do as above. seems to print black and white cleanly if the printer setting for all jobs is set to print in grayscale. I have tried cleaning and calibrating multiple times back to back and tried updating the firmware with no luck. Replaced all the color toners as they were nearing empty probably about 7% remaining, still no luck. Any one else have any similar experience? All other functions work fine.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,629
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @RexJohnson,

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting cyan all over the printed pages. You have already calibrated, cleaned and replaced all the toners, ran the firmware update, with the same results. When the printer is cooled down it will print in grayscale without any issues for awhile. I can help you.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Inspect the toner cartridge for damage:

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the product and verify that the sealing tape has been removed.
2. Check the memory chip for damage.
3. Examine the surface of the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge.
CAUTION: Do not touch the roller (imaging drum) on the bottom of the cartridge.

Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print-quality problems.
4. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, toner, or other damage on the imaging drum, replace the toner.
5. If the imaging drum does not appear to be damaged, rock the toner cartridge gently several times and reinstall it. Print a few pages to see if the problem has resolved.

I have provided a document with some steps to try, most of the troubleshooting steps you have already be done.

Resolving Print Quality Issues.

If the self tests are printing the same way, it would be a hardware issue and not software related.

Are you using Genuine HP Toner?

Since you have already replaced the toners and are still getting the same issue, most likely it is a hardware or fuser issue with the printer if the issue continues.

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP Worldwide.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for the troubleshooting tips but this has not resolved the issue. Yes this printer was using Original HP supplies when it happened. STrange that it will print a couple pages after being powered off for a while but when left on decides I need more Blue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have printed a supplies status page from printer memory and it can read that cyan has toner in it but will not print cyan while simultaneously printing cyan along the side of the page.supplies status.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

this is the same supplies page but printed with a different cyan toner.supplies status 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi RexJohnson, Thanks for providing those screen shots.

Are using Genuine HP Toner?

It looks like a hardware or fuser issue with the printer, I'd recommend contacting HP directly, to see if they have a replacement option for you or a trade in option.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks Gemini02, when the issue started all toners were genuine HP, this printer however is out of warranty so I have not bothered contacting HP directly as I assumed there would be no support after the initial 1 year warranty. Is there a specific part or area I can look into for issues. I believe I have the service manual around somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi RexJohnson,

Sorry to hear that your printer is out of warranty now.

On the manual, starting on page 233 it has steps for quality issues that you may take a look at.

LASERJET PRO CM1410.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation