cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Colour copy is totally pink

HP Recommended

Good day HP community,

We (as in, me and my colleagues) have a weird problem concerning one of the printers we use, I will note down the specs, OS, etc:

- HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910a

- Windows XP (32-bit)

- USB connected

Story: A few weeks ago (we did not notice it before because we did not use it often, but sometimes) the pages we tried to copy in colour came out with a total pink IKEA stripe- style wallpaper coloured background, which is to say, quite odd, because when we copy in black/white it comes out fine. Printing from the PC in either black/white or colour is also working correctly without any issues. The odd thing is, when we calibrate the printer (so it prints out a few coloured blocks, we put that on the glass and it calibrates itself) it works like it should, without issues. Also when we scan from Printer to PC, to make a digital copy, there seems to be no problems at all. Forcing the printer to scan for internal problems (via the configuration menu) has also lead to no results, it says its 100% in perfect condition.

Searching on either the forums and google, has led to no results and we are quite puzzled about it, but we have tried to following solutions that did not work:

- Hard reset

- Semi-full reset

- Restore Factory Defaults

- Aligning/Calibrating

- Changing cartridges

- Changing printerheads

- Cleaning glass/dust/inside/etc

The only solution that is left is a firmware upgrade, current firmware is: LRP1FN1126AR and we have seen that the newest firmware is 1231. I will post here if that has any results (but it can take a few days).

If anybody got a similar problem (another colour perhaps?) or knows the solution other than a firmware upgrade, we'll be very thankfull!

Best Regards,

Tim/Spliethoff IT.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did the firmware update help to resolve your issue?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have not yet got the chance to try the Firmware update. I will update ASAP when we have tried that option. 🙂

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, it's been a while, sorry for that, but we finally got around installing the firmware update.

But... Bad news, it has not solved the problem, the problem still persists. So any help/solutions are greatly appreciated. So same problem as before, but with new firmware now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hmm, strangely enough, since the Firmware update, the problem has spread. Right now, if we also scan to PC, the entire scan on the PC is also pink/purple/Ikea coloured, so the digital copy on the PC is totally pink when scanning in colour. When scanning in black and white, there isn't any problem. This was NOT the case before, we could perfectly scan colour to PC without any problems.

Very odd... Still waiting for a reply though, hopefully someone can help with this weird problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,397 3,340 104 616
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is very much an odd instance of when the scan to the PC is also pinkish.  The only thing I can think of that you haven't mention that you tried is to make sure it is plugged directly into a wall outlet away from things that could cause electrical interference such as metal shelves, computer monitors, cordless phones, etc.  

When you make a color copy of a blank piece of paper does this also have hues of pink?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation