Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (787 Views)

Communication Error 351 Faxing

I have attempted several faxes with my recently purchased Officejet Pro 8600 and have been unsuccessfull so far. The machine dials out ok, I can hear it communicating with the recipient fax machine and everything sounds like it's supposed to. The faxed page is drawn into the feeder and emerges from the machine after which the touchscreen displays the message 'sending fax' for around 2-5 minutes (too long imho). It then prints an error message saying a communication error has occured, error 351. I have checked my phone line with my telecoms provider for errors and there are none, and all the cables are connected in the correct manner. What are the most likely causes of this problem?

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (774 Views)

Re: Communication Error 351 Faxing

did any one reply to you because I'm having the same problem. This is my first time on the forum so I'm not sure I understand how to find the anwsers to my question.  i was getting that same error message but after wrencching and pushing buttons It has change from comm. error to no fax dected. now what?

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (743 Views)

Also my first time on this forum, and no, no-one has replied to my query.....

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (740 Views)

were you able to fix the problem? I can send fax locally but still can not get long distance fax to complete.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation