cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
paularose
Level 2
14 7 0 4
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Compatible ink for Deskjet 3520

HP Recommended

I am buying the Deskjet 3520, but I am reading all across the net that these HP printers are programmed to either NOT accept non-HP ink, or falsely state the non-HP cartridges are either half full or empty when they are not. Is this true, and if so, is there a workaround?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
KennyB3
Level 6
Level 6
350 337 28 87
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

paularose,

Click here to search HP Sure Supply by printer type for compatible ink cartridges.

As far as I know, there are non-HP ink cartridges that work in HP printers.  The HP printers are programmed the way they need to be programmed to print.  If you are using non-HP ink and it has failed, click here for help found on the Cheap inks and toners can cost you plenty thread.

A good place to start troubleshooting a cartridge issue is to clean the cartridge and carriage contacts.

Using non-HP ink is not recommended or supported.

Click here to see and follow the Original HP cartridges and why they matter thread.

Click here to see the Limited Warranty for HP Ink CartridgesPrintheadsand Related Supplies web page.

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
0 Kudos
Todd5345
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This printer is a nightmare if you move to another country. We moved back to New Zealand from the UK last year. Recently our printer ink ran out. So I looked up on the website for compatible ink HP ink as 364 was not available in NZ. I had the compatible ink sent from Australia but they are not compatible.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation