cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ROOP298 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Complaint about product failure

we have a printer that has had 6 months use but is outside warranty.  All support we were offered was a 'service' at £90.  I wish to complain that the product is not 'fit for purpose' under the terms of the sale of goods act but cannot find any hp contact numbers suitable to start the ball rolling.  Any one else had any experience of doing similar who could steer me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
30,269 25,845 2,368 7,920
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a user to user support forum.  In this forum it would be better to mention what printer model you have, what operating system, what error messages (if any) you get and someone here may be able to help you resolve the issue without the need for service.

You can Contact HP as shown here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

lauramcl Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I work at a small private school (on a tight budget). We purchased a photosmart printer for my use. (17 months ago). Last month it started giving me trouble, when just one color ink was low, the ink carriage would start clicking and the printer would not print. I would also get paper jam messages when there was no jam. When I replaced the one color ink that was low. It then cooperated. Don't really understand why that should have anything to do with printing in black. Anyway, Now I won't print at all. I trouble shot but it still thinks there is a paper jam. Also, When I open the lid to check the ink cartridges, The ink carriage won't even move over. I don't want to pay for tech support as it may be costly and the printer didn't cost that much to begin with. I just want to complain that for $200 I only had a working printer for 17 months. I will never buy another HP again.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
30,269 25,845 2,368 7,920
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please read my response above.  This forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.

If you would like a solution then read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth?

It may help to click on this link, select your printer model, Next, select the specific model, Solve a Problem, Jams and Feed issues and then look at the solutions provided.  It appears the issue you are having would be listed as "carriage jam" (which is different than a paper jam, but may be caused by a paper jam).

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation