Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You should see a "USB Printing Support".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I just completed and all tests show no problems and I also checked for any driver updates.  None needed.  Looks like the cable is fine and Dell desktop is recognizing it.  In Device Manager, I can see it recognized and unrecognized when I plug it in and then remove it. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I see that.

HP Recommended

I am guessing you will probably not find a workable resolution to this problem.  As the LaserJet 6L is a "host-based" product, the driver is required to be utilized via direct parallel port connection only.    Any sort of parallel to USB converter would be futile I'm afraid.  

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

You are wrong!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Did anyone figure this out? I'm using windows 8 and printer test page (and all pages I try to print) are configuration text on several pages.

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue! Can someone please help us!

HP Recommended

I have a Toshiba Laptop using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  I have the same problem.  It will print a test page if I re-start.  Otherwise, it says "Error Printing" .  It shows there is 1 job ahead in queue.  Troubleshooting it will alsways "resolve" the issue by cancelling the job i que ahead, but when I try to print again, I get the same problem.  Has anyone figured this out?

HP Recommended

Hi etoile, are you using a USB cable that is rated to work on a Windows 7 32/64 bit?

HP Recommended
I want to connect my Laser jet 6 L to my lap top which is window Xperia. I tried parallel port cable to sub port of laptop it did not work. Any advise or suggestions
Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.