Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Arrrrgh....Not sure what I've done now....but my eprint icon is gray and when I try to turn it back on , it says I am not connected....and everything I have tried does not work...and now it says my scan is disabled too but that still works?.....this is major confusion....I have wasted enough time on this....I'm tired and can't see straight... I  need to call someone to fix this now!!! But I can't even find a phone number on this customer care web page...talk about great 24/7 service ...currently not impressed!

HP Recommended

Yeah the number can be kinda hard to find.  The HP Cloud Services Support number is 1-855-785-2777.  The HP Tech Support number is 1-800-474-6836.  Those number are for the U.S. and Canada.  International users click here.  It would be best to give the Cloud Services Support team a call on this one.  They should be able to help you get everything setup.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thank You Shane...took them 15 mins to fix....FYI for anyone with the same problem...we reset my IP address for wireless on the IPv4 with DNS - Primary to read 8.8.8.8 and secondary to read 8.8.4.4....which I had tried but perhaps I didn't reset printer correctly...as after we reset DNS we pulled plug on printer (without shutting it off) and restarted it then reset factory settings on all...reran the wireless setup wizard and wahla....everything now works! 🙂

Good luck

How do I end this thread?  Lol

HP Recommended

Thanks Venessa for taking the time to return to this site to post the soilution.  It worked for me!

Bill

HP Recommended

Venessa, thank you for posting your solution to the eprint problem. I added the DNS numbers and tried it without pulling the plug etc. Everything worked!!! Thanks so much for your perseverance! 

HP Recommended

Newby to this board (and boards in general)..hoping someone will see this.

I have followed all instructions and recommendations I have read here and my 8600 (while connected and working fine wirelessly) gives me the error message of "This printer was unable to connect to the server. Check your internet connection and try again" when I press the Apps Icon and then press on any App.

Please understand I have already done EVERYTHING suggested in this string and I still get this error message.

I cannot understand how this device can be connected to the internet and working fine wirelessly and then it says it can't connect to the server...what's up with that?

Any help is appreciated...I'm tired of futzing with this.  HP...is there a firmware fix for this?

HP Recommended

Have you tried to reset the 8600 then re-do the steps list in this thread?

HP Recommended

Solved.  Printer apps installed on the printer stay on the printer no matter who the owner is. I aquired the printer from another dept. Not knowing anything about printer apps, I thought the apps installed came standard with the printer. In fact they had been installed by the original user.

After I registered as the user for the printer, those installed apps didn't go away. They stayed loaded on the printer. Whenever I tried to run them it would generate that server error message. Not well documented...or at all as far as I can tell in reading the manual.

Anyway, I manually deleted all of the apps from the ePrintCenter. Subsequently I added an app and it works fine.

This will be a problem for anyone who aquires a previously configured printer that had apps installed by the user before them.

HP Recommended
This worked!! Thanks.
HP Recommended

HP tech support just helped me.  I had to create both a pin and set a computer start up password.  So when you go to Scan To Network you need to input your password which you use to start up your computer.  If you do not have one, you need to create one.  There is no bypass for this.  Then when you scan, your scanner will ask for your pin.  Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.