cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Constant message to replace Magenta cartridge.....which is done, won't print in color

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C7280 All in one
Windows XP

Trying to print in color and keeps telling me to replace magenta cartridge.  Did that and continues.  Checked all cartridges, HP model and full but will not print in color.  Keeps telling me to install the following cartridges:  Magenta.....which is new and full.  Any solution?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,166
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there! Welcome to the forums @cdurant !

I read your post about your Photosmart C7280 asking you to install the Magenta cartridge and not printing in color.

My suggestion to you, would be to try the steps that are in this guide. Please disregard the actual "title":

'Printer alignment failed' Message Displays on the All-in-One

If the troubleshooting does not help at all, I would lastly suggest technical support.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Happy MondaySmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

am having the very same problem with my D7260 Photosmart.  I bought a new multipack cartdrige, replaced all of them, cleaned and aligned the heads to no avail.  I "rebooted" the printer as suggested elsewhere and the problem will not go away.  It is also just the magenta that the screen says needs replacing so I bought a new magenta, installed it---same thing@!

Might it be a software problem?  I have printed test pages and all works well and gives me all correct information (i.e. ink levels, all the colors and even the install dates are correct.

Help is needed-I'm under the Christmas Picture Gun here with the Mrs.!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,166
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @MSgt_OBX 

Welcome to the Community!

The magenta not printing is most likely a hardware problem with the printer (you have tested 2 cartridges) to prove it. I personally think the printhead could have a problem, and your best bet would be to try the steps from the guide I posted above. Try manually cleaning the cartridge(s), with a lint free cloth dampened with bottled water (the instructions are in the guide). If the cartridge is going to work, a good cleaning should get the flowing again.

I really hope this helps you, and saves you in time for Christmas!

If the problem does happen to continue, you could also give us a call to see what your printer options are.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

HappyHolidaysMerryChristmas.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But all of the test pages print perfectly, no issues what so ever so the printhead seems to be well.  I will try the steps again but it oddly seems to be in the software not the hardware.  I know that sound strange but the ink warning is coming only on my windows screen.

The reason I say it may be in software is that I can load phtos onto a thumbdrive and print from there with perfect results.  No PC interface involved and no warning boxes or other problems.

This is also a recent problem that seems to have cropped up, maybe, as a result of an update of some kind.

That's just my opinion for now.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation