cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pedewayne
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Could someone please help me with this photo smart c4280

HP Recommended
I have been tring to get this printer to work for about 2 weeks and it still haven't hook-up to mt computer and I have tried the software that came with it and it still does not work, it says that i need to find the i.p address to install it, but i don't know how to find it, i'm new with computer so please be gentle a just need a lil help installing this printer.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AGM94
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It sounds like you are trying to install this over a network. If this is your home printer and no one else will be printing to it then you can just install the printer directly to your computer through the USB cable.

If you need it on the network then you can open a command prompt and type "ipconfig" to find the IP address of your computer.

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,049
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since when did the C4280 have wireless capability???

Anyways, i'm going to link you to the software installation guide here. try to follow it and see what happens. 

CLICK HERE 

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation