cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Spudd Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cryptic Error messages displayed on LCD of HP PSC 2350

Hi, 

I'm not sure anyone will be able to help me with this, as it seems to be quite a technical problem, but here goes:

When the printer is first turned on the LCD displays the usual HP logo, the printer starts various mechanical manoeuvres, and then the following error message is displays on the LCD: 

Error:

0xb9000009165:

hw_interupt_hwv.c 

I can do nothing else with it after this. This error occurs even when the printer is not attached to the PC. 

This looks like either a sensor malfunction that has confused the printer, or a corruption of the firmware. is the there a way to flash the firmware? Or is their away of completely resetting the printer without using the onscreen menu system? Unfortunately the printer will be out of warranty now.  

Any help is most appreciated 

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
bkbury Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same error message and have been experiencing this problem since the beginning of 2009.

I agree I believe this is a firmware issue and being that the PSC 2355 is no longer under warranty or really a priority for HP that would explain as to why this issue has not been addressed by HP support. My view of what I have gathered looking around is that ALL PSC 2355's have gone defunct in 2009. Try it....try to find someone that has a working PSC 2355 today. And if they work, what is there setup? Did they ever do any software updates? Again HP has dropped the ball on this one and just another reason why support is hard to find especially if your printer is 5 years old like mine but what makes it worse is that this failure is I believe to be due to an update released this year. It would be nice to recieve support on how to address this cyrptic error and blue screen of death for our PSC 2355's.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DSM22 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does HP have a fix for this? I have just seen the same issue on my HP PSC 2350.. Printer is only 2 years old and it should have more life than this.

0 Kudos
mjcsweeney Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Subject cryptic message is displayed on the graphics display on my PSC2350. Also displayed is the following:

165:hw_interrupt_hwv2.c.

Printer ink carriage does not shift.  

Can you help please!!!!

Thanks,

John Sweeney.

My Tel: {Personal Information Removed}

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation