cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Custom Paper Size

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8615
Windows XP

I am trying to print onto size A9 envelopes, but the printer sends the following error message: Paper detected does not match the paper size selected.

There are no preset options that match my papersize (5.75" x 8.75") and I cannot find a way to customize the size.  Is there a way to customize the paper size or disable the printer's paper size sensor?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 17
Level 17
30,370 30,086 5,191 12,036
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Set a custom paper size of 5.75 inches width and 8.75 inches height within the operating system's print server.

You may find a step by step instructions in the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03890386/

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Level 2
14 9 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope you have better luck than I have.  I've tried for days to input a custom size - 7x10 inches - into my 6525; I followed the instructions given in the link and all worked UNTIL I got to the last step - my "new form" is not shown in the list, so there's a dead end.  There's a note that says the "new form" will not show up if the dimensions are outside what the printer supports.  However, 7x10 inches certainly falls within printer support.  If you solve this problem, please let me know.  Thanks!!

Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The link partially worked for me because I was working with a different Windows operating system. I followed the instructions as far as I could, and then somehow happened upon the new form tab. Once I input the new form, it did appear in the list and I was able to print onto the envelopes.
0 Kudos
Level 2
14 9 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had no trouble finding the New Form blank and filled it in with the necessary info.  Perhaps it should have been noted in the instructions that they do NOT work with Win8.1.  I'm looking to buy a new printer; unhappily, it will not be HP, which iw the only brand I've ever had up to now,

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed all the steps, but being in Windows 8.1, the new form does NOT appear in the Preferenes list.

What method should be used for Windows 8.1.

Will the previous method work in Windows 10 ??

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation