cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dickk008
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Custom size help needed for HP8050

HP Recommended

Would like to print 8 x 12inch photos on my Photosmart Hp8050.  Pls suggest how to configure the printer for this custom setting. I'm on Mac OS10.6.8.

Thank  you.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
northwesterner
Level 4
Level 4
85 84 6 5
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am a HP employee.

If printing from the control panel, maximum size it will print is 8.5x11.

If you print from computer, you can print up to 8.5x24 through custom setting.
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Dickk008
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With your help, I now understand the "custom' option, and have provided a custom 8x12in option.   

Ive attempted to test this custom feature by inserting a sheet of A4 (different size than 8 x 12)....and get the following error message: 

Paper Size Error: The specified custom paper size is not supported in the selected tray.

Is this message expected if I don't insert a sheet of 8x12?

Thanks again...
Rjk 

0 Kudos
northwesterner
Level 4
Level 4
85 84 6 5
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That is correct behavior since you selected custom (8x12), but put A4 paper in the paper tray.

You can test this by changing the custom option to the A4 size (8.27x11.69) or (210mm X 297mm) and then printing to the A4 paper in the paper tray.
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Dickk008
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your suggestions worked just fine.   I'm happy now... and I take back all the bad things that I've said about HP the last couple of days   :-).

Many thanks,

**bleep**

northwesterner
Level 4
Level 4
85 84 6 5
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Dickk008
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This may be a repeat message, as I sent on via my email account as well.    

You have so far been quite helpful with my custom settings for my HP8050 printer...and it will now accept an 8x12in paper size.  

But..altho my Photoshop file image-size is 8x12, the printer is not outputting an edge-to-edge print.    The image has a border all around it...even tho  '0' borders were shown in the printer custom-settings.

Can  you please advise?  

Thanks again,

Richard

0 Kudos
northwesterner
Level 4
Level 4
85 84 6 5
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
There is a selection that you have to choose in the print setting driver called "Borderless".
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation