cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

D110a Photo Paper Jam

HP Recommended

We use the D110 primarily to print photos for use by an artist.  Equipment: iMac with OS 10.9. Recently installed ver 3.3 driver. The printer jams now with photo paper, (Staples) 230gsm that is 11mil, when using the HP Advanced Photo Paper setting. The printer performance is unusual. The first  sheet feeds through rapidly without printing. The second sheet begins to feed, then with the grinding of gears, reverses direction, and then the paper stops. The HP support paper jam recommended procedures have not helped

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 698
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @JoeTully,

I would like to assist you today with resolving the photo paper feed issues you're experiencing with your HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a. I understand that you're using the Staples brand 230gsm that is 11mil and when set to the HP Advanced Photo Paper setting the paper stops in the paper path. I did check out the specifications for the paper handling on your product and it does indicate that:

Untitled.png

Therefore, your type of paper should be working just fine in this machine. Because you have already ran through the paper jam troubleshooting for your product to no avail, I'm going to have you try a test copy to start to determine if what you're experiencing is a driver issue or a hardware issue.

Note: Always be sure to load 1 type of media in the paper tray at a time. Do not mix plain paper and photo paper in your paper tray as this can cause feed issues.

Step 1: Perform a Test Copy:

I would like you to perform a test copy on your photo paper.

1. Load your photo paper in your paper tray

2. Lift the flatbed cover on your printer

3. Select Copy on the front panel of your printer

4. Select Black Copy and press OK

5. Under Copy Settings you can alter your copy size if need be

6. Press OK to start copy.

If your product can copy on the photo paper fine than you're experiencing a software or driver issue on the computer. If your product fails to copy than it may be an issue with the type of paper you're using. Have you tried another brand of photo paper besides Staples?

Please let me know what happens when you perform the test copy. Should you still be experiencing issues I would be more than happy to offer additional steps to resolve this. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your test was a good suggestion and very clearly presented. The photo paper fed correctly for the copy.

I certainly want to learn your next suggestion; however let me mention two ideas.

Around 11/13/14, Apple issued a technical advice on third party printer drivers

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201465#HP  It says that Apple has a driver for the Photosmart D110 sseries, but mentions that HP has released a ver.3.3 printer driver (sic; I think the version should be 3.0x).

A few days ago, I read an article on the HP Forum that said the HP Printer Driver. 3.0 was not compatible with OS 10.9 and later, and suggested an HP Printer driver which was. Unfortunately, now I can't find that article.

So, should  try the Apple driver or a different HP driver (if you can find it) that is compatible with OS 10.9 or do you have another solution? When replying please let me know if I need to uninstall HP Printer Driver ver. 3.0 and how to do that.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 698
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @JoeTully,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this photo paper feed issue. I'm very happy to hear that the copy worked fine for you. Thus, at this point we know that this is not a printer hardware issue.

I looked further into what you were explaining about the HP Print Driver compatability on Mac OS X 10.9. Upon further investigation I found that the HP print drivers for your HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a on Mac OS X 10.9 are the Apple Update drivers due to the age of the printer. The Apple Update drivers are pulled from HP. Therefore, by reinstalling your printer the latest version of the driver should be automatically installed.

Because I know at this point that something on your Mac is causing the conflict, I'm going to run you through some standard Mac troubleshooting steps to get this product reinstalled and ensure that you are using the latest drivers that are available for your product.

If using the printer through a USB Cable connection, please disconnect that cable now.

Step 1: Uninstall Drivers and Software:

1. From the computer desktop, double-click the Macintosh HD icon.
  2. Double-click the Library folder.
  3. Double-click the Printers folder.
  4. Right-click the HP folder, and then select Move to Trash.
  5. When prompted, type the Administrator name and Password for the computer, and then click OK. Wait for authentication to complete.
  6. Double-click the PPDs folder.
  7. Double-click the Contents folder.
  8. Double-click the Resources folder.
  9. Locate your printer in the printer list, and then right-click on your printer and select Move to Trash.
  10. When prompted, type the Administrator name and Password for the computer, and then click OK. Wait for authentication to complete.
  11. Click the Trash icon on the taskbar, click the Empty button, and then click OK to empty the trash.

Step 2: Reset the Print System:

This will delete every printer that is installed on your Mac. It will not uninstall the drivers. Therefore, if you use other printers on your Mac computer and need to add them back in, simply ensure that they are connected either by USB or Network connection and hit the (+) plus sign to readd the printer in the Print & Scan folder. Be sure NOT to add the Photosmart back in.

1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
  2. Click Print & Fax for Mac OS X v10.6, or Print & Scan for OS X v10.7, OS X v10.8, or OS X v10.9.
  3. Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your printer in the list on the left side of the window, and then click Reset printing system.

Example of the Reset Printing System menu
    Image: Click Reset printing system
  4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
  5. Type your user name and password in the Name and Password text fields.
  6. Click OK. The printing system resets.

Source: Uninstalling the Printer Software

Step 3: Verify and Repair your Disk Permissions on the Mac:

1. Open Macintosh HD and go to Applications
  2. Go to the Utilities Folder
  3. Open the Disk Utility
  4. Select the Hard Drive volume you are using (usually on the left)
  5. Select Verify Disk Permissions
  6. Once that process is done, select Repair Disk Permissions

Step 4: Check for Apple Updates:

If using the printer through a USB Cable connection, please connect the cable now.

1. Go to Apple
  2. Select System Preferences
  3. Select Software Update
  4. Click Update Now
  5. Install your available updates
  6. Restart your computer

Step 5: Reinstall your Software and Drivers:

1.Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
2. Click Print & Scan and then check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list.

Example of a printer in the Printers list
Image: Example of a printer in the Printers list

NOTE: If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign (), click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu

4. Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Note: If you are prompted to install your printer software from Apple, click Download and Install to complete the installation.

Source: Installing Your HP Printer Driver and Software for Mac OS X

Test print another photo!

Please let me know if the steps provided resolve your issue. I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! Smiley Happy

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi X-23,

Perfect solution. In fact, the best presented solution in my experience with personal computer that began in 1981.

Well Done. thanks

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation