Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DJ 3520 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DJ 3520 all buttons (power, controls) all do not work or respond.

I have tried hard reboot by removing and replacing power cable, to no avail.

Printer is still responsive over wireless network, that is, i can check ink levels, printer details etc via laptop.

And, when i open up to access to ink catridge, the small screen on printer does respond.  

But the buttons do not.

Problem occured after i recently changed the black ink cartridge.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @pok2,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the button around the touchscreen is not responding, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Are you using genuine HP ink?

Can you connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable? 

Request you connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable. 

Download the firmware update from this link and install it on your printer. 

If the issue persists after the firmware update as well. 

Please contact our phone support for the service options available for your printer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks for the advice. I Finally got down to trying it on USB but it doesnt work.  The firmware refused to install.  Doesn't work on Wifi network either.  I did use genuine HP ink so this is rather disappointing.

HP Recommended

Hi@pok2,

I reviewed the post completely. I understand that you are not able to update the printer firmware. You've shown excellent commitment, brilliant temperament and great resolve to try and get the issue resolved. Kudos to you for a job well done. As @Chimney_83 is out of office I am replying on his behalf.

Please try to update the printer's firmware via this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168and it should help you or give you information on how to do it even directly from the printer.

If it still does not work, you can contact Hp phone support for further assistance as there could be issues with the printer.

https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true – contact HP

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.