Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3054
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Log Name: Application
Source: MsiInstaller
Date: 4/7/2017 10:30:28 AM
Event ID: 10005
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: ROBSPC\RobRich
Computer: RobsPC
Description:
Product: HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series Basic Device Software -- Error 25056. Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error -536870329 for package 'C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series\DriverStore\Pipeline\hpvpl09.inf'
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">10005</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-07T15:30:28.482751400Z" />
<EventRecordID>30890</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>RobsPC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2816153937-1695056464-4277810747-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Product: HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series Basic Device Software -- Error 25056. Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error -536870329 for package 'C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series\DriverStore\Pipeline\hpvpl09.inf'</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>7B36343537424438332D393843462D343236372D393344372D4631373346463345374332357D</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

I've tried all the suggestions: removing temp files, starting in clean boot mode, running troubleshooter, no help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RobTheNotRich

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 3054 All-in-One Printer - J610a and an error appears as DJ3050_J610_1315-1.exe. I read that you have tried to remove the temp files, starting in clean boot mode, running troubleshooter and nothing worked. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are you getting this error during the installation of the printer drivers?
  • Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?
  • Is the printer able to make a copy? If yes, it indicates that the printer's hardware is good. 

Meanwhile, I'll provide you the steps to uninstall any printer drivers from the root level. Sometimes, few drivers files may prevent the installation:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Now, please download and install the printer drivers for Win10 from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Kazi,

Thanks for your help.

Trying to remove the driver and package, I got:
Failed to remove driver HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series Class Driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use.
Failed to remove package prnhpcl1.inf. Access is denied.

Rob

HP Recommended

@RobTheNotRich

You're welcome. 🙂

Did you close all printer applications and then try the steps? Also, press Ctrl+Alt+del keys to open Windows Task Manager and all printer related application processes. Then you may try to uninstall the drivers from the root level.

Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I was able to remove the driver, but the error in the install presisted.

I am giving up on this, and have successfully run the install on another computer.

Thanks for tryig.

Rob

HP Recommended

@RobTheNotRich

Looks like something is blocking the installation. I understand how you feel. However, you may try these steps when it is convenient for you. These steps might help.

• Please note that if the printer is connected via USB then disconnect it and then begin the installation. During the installation, the computer will prompt you to connect the printer.

• Check User Account Control. Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the Start button and choose Search.)
  • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
  • Then do one of the following:
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
    • To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.

• Disable any firewall until the installation is complete.

• Remove the printer from the print server properties.
  • Go to Control panel>>Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and printers window, select your HP printer. Then on top of that window, click on Print Server Properties. Below image is an example.

• This will open the print server properties window. Below image is an example:

• Select the installed printer drivers  for your printer and click on remove. 
  • Click on Apply and OK.

Now please try installing the printer drivers again.

Hope this information helps. Take care! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.