Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (488 Views)

DUPLEX PRINTING - HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f PRINTER

My HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f is fitted with a Gadget for Duplex  Printing.

That notwithstanding, the Print Settings do not provide an option for automatic Duplex Printing. The Settings only provide for a "Print One Sided" under which there is a Sub-Option that provides for "Manually Print on Both Sides" with the Intruction "Reload Paper when prompted to print the second side".

Have I perhaps looked for the Duplex Printing Option at the wrong place OR would there perhaps be something wrong with my Printer/Software?

More to the point, do I need to do anything to activate the Duplex Printing capability??

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (473 Views)

Re: DUPLEX PRINTING - HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f PRINTER

Ensure that the driver knows that a duplex unit is present on the printer (assuming that one is):

• For the printer instance in question, bring up the Printer properties dialogue.
  • Select the Device settings tab.
  • Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation