cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Grad Student
Grad Student
209 150 13 10
Message 1 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

DesignJet 5500 RTL - shows media profiles transferred or copied but not there on printer

DesignJet 5500 RTL
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi. Bought an RTL 5500 hard drive version S.56.07 apparently no media profiles installed. Dang it! Boot ROM = B05.01.01RTL. Interestingly about a year ago the same seller sold me a 5500PS hard drive and it was plug and play. No problem.

Have tried and tried and tried to copy media profiles via embedded web server and EVEN via DOS via parallel cable to the hard drive. All show successful file transfer but they do not appear at the printer. Gosh darn it!

I've heard this can be due to having the wrong file extension but these all have extension ".pdw".

With paper loaded and during startup at about 70%, I get error 0d0000 with original main pca and then "No media profile available. Remove roll." with a subsequent different main pca--yeah for some reason I tried a different main pca, just for fun. Not sure why they responded differently. And I do find that there are no media profiles available.

Without paper loaded and after startup, I get system error 0d0000 033f01ee. I hit enter and find that there are no media profiles available which is what the error indicates.

For grins and giggles--yeah, a lot of fun, I replaced everything in the Electronics Control Module except the hard drive bridge--I did not have a spare--but same boot ROM and same hard drive. Also, just in case I replaced the pca on the ink tubes assembly. It seems sometimes it can get corrupted or damaged and cause the 0d0000.... error. And I tried a different JetDirect print server at the same time.

It seems I am missing a mysterious step or 2 or more to transfer media profile files to the hard drive. Perhaps I need to do something at the front panel 1st.

Any help is appreciated.

Paul

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Grad Student
Grad Student
209 150 13 10
Message 2 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

DesignJet 5500 RTL - shows media profiles transferred or copied but not there on printer

BTW, all parts replacements made no difference. Still was unable to load media profiles to the hard drive. Which was what I expected anyway. Just thought it was worth a try to see if it was somehow hardware related.

Hard drive seller says he will send me a replacement hard drive with media profiles preloaded, but still I'd like to know how to load media profiles to the hard drive myself.

0 Kudos
Professor Professor
Professor
2,298 2,272 113 239
Message 3 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I know that installing the firmware 56.05, loading paper and updating the firmware fix the problem.

But I have not been able to find this FW.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
209 150 13 10
Message 4 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, Mike. I guess I won't get to find out for myself if I can't get my hands on FW version 56.05. But I assume you are right.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
665 617 22 58
Message 5 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

These guys claim to have a hard drive with that firmware.

http://www.partshere.com/online/detail.asp?partno=Q1252-60045

Might be worth a phone call or email.  Heck, if it's that old maybe you take if off they're hands for a few bucks.

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
209 150 13 10
Message 6 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, Don. I could do that. I've never had a deal pan out with those guys. Whenever I've found an apparent deal with them, it has either not been available or the price was actually higher as I generally recall.

BTW, The best place I've found to order parts if they have access to them is sparepartswarehouse.com  a division? of UCR.  That's just my experience.

Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
665 617 22 58
Message 7 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I agree with you Paul.  I think the only thing I've bought from them is a set of setup printheads.  Price was good and got what I ordered.  Not sure what else I'd try to buy from them though without some more research and a good return policy.

Had good luck with Sparepartswarehouse as well.  Bought a piece for our T1200MFP a few weeks ago and had a very good experience with them.  Saved about $500 over what the tech would have charged for the part and the installation.

0 Kudos
Professor Professor
Professor
2,298 2,272 113 239
Message 8 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yuhooo!!!!

Good news

I GOT THE FILES!!!!!!!

I will upload the files to an FTP during the day, once there I will PM u the FTP.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
209 150 13 10
Message 9 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK, Mike, thanks. So you downgrade to S.56.05 and then with paper loaded upgrade to S.56.07 to resolve this problem of not being able to copy media profiles to the drive presently with S.56.07?

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
665 617 22 58
Message 10 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Way to go Mike!!!

Now if you can put a stop to that guy that's spamming the board about the 520 USB chip.......

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation