cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

DesignJet T120 or T520 - are drivers available for Windows XP?

HP Recommended
T120
Microsoft Windows XP

I was just about to purchase a DesignJet T120 or T520 wide-format printer, but I haven't been able to verify that drivers are available for Windows XP.

The HP driver download page indicates there are drivers available for Windows XP Professional x64, but nothing lesser. I can't if that's what I have or not. My properties page says "Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3" which may or may not be the same thing.

The user's guide doesn't say anything about what operating systems are supported.

Does anyone know the answer? (And if drivers aren't available, does another company make a modest-cost 24" plotter that will run on Windows XP?)

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
3,728 3,680 305 724
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Looks like your actual issue is determining if you have the 64 bit version of XP.

That is an OS question and you might find the answer on a website that addresses Windowd issues.

From my perspective if you don't see 64 bit listed when you check your system then it's likely you have the 32 bit version.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, I've determined that my system is running 32-bit Windows XP. There's a great article on how to figure this out here:

http://visiontechbrain.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-to-check-windows-vista-and-xp-if.html

So that narrows my query:

• The T120/T150 user's guides don't say anything about what operating systems are supported.
  • The HP driver download page indicates there are drivers available for Windows XP 64-bit systems, but doesn't show a driver for 32-bit systems (which is what I have).
  • Does that mean there are no 32-bit drivers available, or just that the HP website doesn't show a specific link?
  • If none are available, does another company make a comparable modest-cost 24" plotter that will run on 32-bit Windows XP?

(An irony here is that I'm replacing an older HP plotter only because there are no drivers for any Windows systems newer than XP -- which has kept me from upgrading beyond XP. So I need a plotter that will keep me in business on XP while I contemplate my OS upgrade path.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
3,728 3,680 305 724
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
If the drivers are not on the website then they are probably not available. All I can do is check the website and you already did that.

I am not familiar with other manufacturer's large format printers, you would have to post on the forum on the other manufacturer's site to ask a question about compatibility.

What model machine do you currently have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My current plotter is a 650C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
3,728 3,680 305 724
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I think I still have a cutter for that model in my collection. I sold the spare belts I had on ebay just a few months ago.

Anyway I can see why you need to upgrade.

Are you determined to stick with a low and model? HP has trade in trade up programs for Designjets where you could get a fairly decent credit for your 650C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like the trade-up program works for people for need a much better machine. I use my plotter only sporadically and can't justify that expense. My 650C was a no cost hand-me-down many years ago!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation