Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an issue with my 42” Designjet 500. Overall, it is low use and was working well. A few weeks ago, the printer started indicating that ink needed replacement even though the ink cartridges were at least 75% full. After many ink cartridge replacements, we replaced the ink supply station. After the ISS replacement, we discovered that we could insert only three ink cartridges at a time, we tried all combinations of placing colors into the ISS in different orders and every time, the same result occurred: the printer rejected the cyan and magenta cartridges. After several attempts of applying new cartridges with no success, the printer then started showing error code 22:10. We then replaced the Interconnect board and the interconnect cable, both have produced no positive result and are still showing 22:10. We have cleaned the entire printer thoroughly.

Despite replacing three parts, the printer remains completely out of commission. How do I remedy this issue? Buying more and more replacement parts is not really what we are trying to do, we just want something that will actually fix the issue.

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

ePROM CHIP 

on iss board under the inks is linked 4 wires parralel to inks chips

Replace with new  preprogramed eprom chip 

Check connection from iss green board to mainboard on the oher side 

Use these dumps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282455259952

HP Recommended

Maybe you got a bad ink service station. Was it new or used part. On designjets I never use used parts.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.