Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have recently bought a designjet T120. I am printing drawings to it and it is only printing half of them. I have previously had this problem on a designjet T520 and you get the "out of memory" error. If you go to Printer Preferences, then Advanced, you can select to send the job as a bitmap and it feeds it through. 

My problem is that in the T120 printing preferences there is no option to choose this. Under document options - Printer Features it does not have the option to send as a bitmap. 

Any help? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
What operating system as the drivers are different for each os. If you still have the T520 driver loaded, change the port to the port of the T120 and see if it works as many of the drivers use the same printer language.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
What operating system as the drivers are different for each os. If you still have the T520 driver loaded, change the port to the port of the T120 and see if it works as many of the drivers use the same printer language.
HP Recommended

It was Windows 7 64bit. I tried this, but could not get it to send through correctly. I went and installed the HP Designjet Utility to access the server features, found nothing there, but now it is printing fine. I just have to go through the utility's little menu screen. Thanks for the suggestion, sorry it was a simple solution. 

HP Recommended

Where is the port to the port, and how does one chage it (to the port)??

HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the Windows icon, then click "Control Panel" and "View devices and printers" below the "Hardware and Sound" heading. Right-click the name of the network printer of which you want to change the port name. Click "Printer Properties" and the "Ports" tab to open it.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Mike

Thanks for getting back to resolve my problem. Here is you response; "Click the Windows icon, then click "Control Panel" and "View devices and printers" below the "Hardware and Sound" heading. Right-click the name of the network printer of which you want to change the port name. Click "Printer Properties" and the "Ports" tab to open it."

Please be more specific. I have a mac and don't know where or what the Windows icon is. Also I'm not sure where or what the port name is and what I am supposed to change it to once I open it.

More info please,

thank you

Wayne Montecalvo

HP Recommended

Hi,

Those instructions are for Windows OS.

On Mac OS the most common ports are USB, TCP/IP, Airprint.

Go to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners, click on the printer and look under "Kind"

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back Mike. I followed your instruction, (Go to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners, click on the printer and look under "Kind") but  I don't see anything that says "kind". There is a "sharing preferences" setting and there is "default printer setting". However I don't think that is the problem with half page printing. I did download a few drivers, utility, and raster files for Mac, and the half page printing issue resolved, but only for a short while.

But now a new problem has occured. I've been able to get a correct print on film twice, but the third fourth and fifth attempt with the same settings will print the image way off center and clip the image off the roll. I think the printer no longer recognizes film. I've recieved  prompts saying "too far from load line", even when it is not too far, "paper not minimum width", when I know it is, and also "can not dected paper type, avoid transparent type papers", The reason I purchased this printer is for printing on film, which it has done well over the past four months. I also get a lo tof "too much skew" prompts, when I am pretty sure the skew is not far off, and I end up loading a single sheet 10 or 15 times until the machine decides it can detect the film.

Thanks for your help in advance, any suggestion?

HP Recommended

I have a new HP T120 that has been working fine since I got it, and now I have just started having this issue also. It si odd, as it prints Text ina PDF for half the page, but not the image under it... and then prints both on the last half of the page.

I thought it might be a buffer issue, but it does not seem to matter how big or small the file I send is... and I caN PRINT from my software in background or direct... so I have tested it both ways.

Did you ever find a solution to the problem? The plotter is useless to me until I can fix this.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I think I'm good for now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.