cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shovitch
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Desk jet 3511 prints blank pages

HP Recommended

Desk jet 3511 prints and copies blank pages INCLUDING alignment sheet -- HAS full HP ink cartridges

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @shovitch

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your printer is printing alignment pages every time you print. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you using genuine HP ink?

Have you completed the alignment process?

Every time you replace ink cartridges or reseat ink cartridges, the printer needs to be aligned. 

Please follow the alignment process mentioned in this HP Article and it should resolve the issue you are facing. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
shovitch
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes, it has a full "REAL" ink cartridge. The cartridge was just replaced recently and was working fine after being replaced. Ink levels are fine. I have forced an alignment page and it will not print any more than anything else. Blank pages -- that's it.
0 Kudos
shovitch
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
(My question had nothing to do with alignment sheets -- other than my printer won't print anything INCLUDING the alignment sheet.)
0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, are you able to make a copy at least?

Are the cartridges installed correctly?

Please run HP Print and Scan doctor to automatically detect and fix issues on your printer. Click here to know more about HP Print and Scan doctor. 

Copy function of a printer is independent of the software on the computer.

If you are unable to make a copy, please do hard reset (disconnect the power cable of the printer, wait for a minute and connect the power cord directly to a wall outlet and turn the printer ON.)

Reseat the cartridges, make sure the packaging is removed on the cartridges.

If the printer still does not make a copy after a hard reset. Please contact our phone support for the service or upgrade options for the printer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation