Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Deskjet 1050 J410

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Are the drivers ever going to be released?

If so when?

If not, please would someone tell me how to UNINSTALL the HP software which was installed before I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 1O?

At present, when I try to uninstall the driver, this message comes up:

"The Operating System of this computer is not supported. This software can only be installed on computers running the following Windows Operating Systems: 1) Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or better (32 bit only): 2) Windows Vista: 3) Windows 7. Upgrade the Operating System of this computer or install this software on another computer system."

Singularly inappropriate and unhelpful!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,538
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Robert_Cutts

I can help you uninstall the software for your Deskjet 1050 J410 on your computer running Windows 10. I am confident that I will be able to help you work towards a solution, and I ask only that you pay it forward. When we settle the issue, I'd like for you to kindly mark the appropriate post as Accept as Solution so that others encountering the same or similar issue can find what worked for you.

Please download and install the software using this link: File name: DJ1050_J410_1313-1.exe

If this will not work (although I am certain it will), you can download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue or not. Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Sunshyn2005, but I'll wait awhile to see if anyone suggests a solution that does not involve downloads from unfamiliar sites.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,538
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I completely understand. This file however, is not from an unfamiliar site, it is from the HP Site. Perhaps you would prefer to go directly to the site instead: Usually I would hyperlink it look tidier, but so you can see that it is an HP link I won't:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-1050-All-in-One-Printer-series---J410/4027462/model/4027464#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks – but I've been there before and it didn't work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,538
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps you can explain in detail what happens when you download and install the software for Windows 10 and I can help you rectify the issue. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the second attempt I've made to reply to your latest message.

At the end of one of my attempts to install the drivers for my DeskJet 1050 J410, I clicked the report to HP box and was invited to submit my details including telephone number. Sometime after that I was telephoned by an HP agent. She asked me the serial number of my printer which I gave and she told me that it was therefore a J410a (there is no ‘a’ on the printers label). I therefore ran the installation program again using the file DJ1050_J410_1313-1.exe. Again the final message was “installation failed”.
I also spoke to the agent about the fact that I was unable to uninstall the software that had been installed before I upgraded to Windows 10. I explained to her the that when I attempted to uninstall from the Programs and Features page of the Control Panel I got the message which I detailed on this forum on 15 October. She offered to provide an uninstall program but said that there would be a charge for it! I told her that I would not be paying anything for uninstalling such software.
It therefore remained the case that, on my Windows 10 computer, I could neither operate the printer nor uninstall the existing software. I have now transferred the printer to an old Windows XP desktop. It’s not networked, so when I want to print, I have two copy the file to a USB stick and transfer it to the XP desktop. I will continue to do this until the ink runs out and I will then buy a new printer. You can be sure it will not be an HP printer. Meanwhile I have hacked the registry to remove what I can offer DeskJet entries. At least it no longer appears on the Programs and Features page.
I have attempted to click on as many thumbs-ups as I can find. I don’t usually do that sort of thing!
Thank you for your help.

Regards, Robert Cutts

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation