cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
livres
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Deskjet 3050 J610 will not copy

HP Recommended

Suddenly the copy button no longer works.  No error message, everything appears as normal, but the x1 beside the black copy changes immediately to x0 and no copy appears.  Same with colour copy.  Haven't made any changes.  Use Windows XP.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
pcwizard
Level 13
Level 13
12,147 11,469 966 2,938
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Livres,

Follow the steps below.

1. Remove the cartridges from the printer

2. Remove all the cable from the printer including the power cable

3. Wait 1 to 2 minutes before plugging the printer back in, and make sure that the power is connected directly to the wall outlet.

4. Wait till the printer asks you to reinstall the cartridges.

Try making a copy standalone from the printer, and let me know what happens?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
livres
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  Luckily I had a replacement package from Staples so returned the printer.  They verified that it didn't copy, basically following the steps you outlined,  so I now have a new printer.

0 Kudos
pcwizard
Level 13
Level 13
12,147 11,469 966 2,938
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Livres,

Thank you for the update, and glad to hear you have gotten a replacment unit. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
ardeee
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same problem; I tried your 'reset' procedure but that does not work. This machine is ONLY used for copying by my elderly neighbor .... any further suggestions or does it need to go to the repair shop?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation