Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (16,437 Views)

Deskjet 3050 Won't Print Wirelessly

Hi there,

My new all in one 3050 won't print for me. It is "Offline" in the network page. I feel I have explored every avenue and it will still not print. The wireless network configuration page I printed says everything passed. The home network disagnostic tool says "software missing" after i click test connection. The print diagnostic tool fails on connectivity everytime. I can connect to the printer ip 192.168.1.3 in the browser 95% of the time but not always. My router is a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3. I'm really close to tears with frustration, I'm quite computer and networking savvy but I cannot fix this. please help, I'd be eternally grateful.

Kind Regards,

Larry.

Provost
Message 2 of 9 (16,424 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 Won't Print Wirelessly

The fact that the printer has an IP address tells me that it is properly connected to your router and that it is a software problem.

What operating system?  Did you load the software from the CD or are you using drivers built into the OS?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Student
Message 3 of 9 (16,121 Views)

i had the same issue with my wireless printer working for 2.5 months basically worry free (there were a few "blips" with the router, I resync'd and the issue was resolved).  Most recently I was recieving a message on the printer that "cannot connect to network".  The usual unplugging, turning off, restarting, resyncing did not work.

I ended up unistalling the software (I know others tried this and said it didn't work...there were 3 peices of software I had to remove - i was able to complete that successfully).

I then reloaded the software, upon set up I plugged the USB cable in again and allowed the printer to use the information on my router from the computer.  First try didn't work.  I hit retry (I had a IP address displaying on the printer at this point) and it worked!

good luck!

Student
Message 4 of 9 (15,409 Views)

Well, Larry, When you bought the HP deskjet 3050, you came with a disk. Put the disk in your laptop or PC and agree all the stuff then install. It also came with a USB port. Connect that to your laptop, PC then unplug both lines and it should print.

Your Support,

Bryson

Honor Student
Message 5 of 9 (15,407 Views)

[ Edited ]

im having the same problem with my new 3050 (just posted about it) hp told me it was because of my wireless smc router. still looking for a solution before i return this printer and by another brand. i install it corectly using the disc and used the usb to ge the router setting from my computer and it printed fine till it went inot its stand-by power saving mode and disconnected and has troubles reconnecting. it actually wont connect at all now.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 9 (9,643 Views)

HP deskjet 3050 won't print wirelessly or with USB cable

Provost
Message 7 of 9 (9,624 Views)

OK, what error message?  What operating system?  Have you restarted the computer and printer?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Student
Message 8 of 9 (8,072 Views)

hello, for some reason my hp3050 will not print or print wiressly.we tried rebooting computer and printer.we also reloaded disc.we have a trouble shoot report that says hp is currently turned off and you must turn on the wireless radio on your hp printer.also states refer to set up guide which i dont have.have no idea where to go to do this,can you please help

Professor
Message 9 of 9 (8,063 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello dkkenny1,

Are you running Windows on your computer? If so, I recommend running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool provides a quick and easy way to diagnose and resolve many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems. Click the link below for details on how to download and run this tool:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation