Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi kenzie95,

(When I put the IP address that the printer gives me into the Safari browser it says that it cannot connect because the address does not respond.)

If you are unable to access the EWS - Embedded Web Server of the printer using the IP address assigned to the printer you either have the printer or the computer connected to a different network than the other. First thing i would verify is what the SSID name is on the network configuration page of the printer, and then check to make sure you are connected to the same SSID on the computer, If you are not on the same network you will not be able to communicate with the printer.

Follow the steps in the document below to assist you with getting the printer setup and connected.

Mac OS X: Installing the Product Software for a Wireless Network Connection (Using an Access Point)

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
The IP address on the configuration page is 10.1.192.117 and the IP address on the printer is:169.254.181.55. And yes it says I'm connected to the same SSID on both my computer and printer. And I have gone through the directions you added through the link but they don't work because the software it wants me to download says that it's not the right software for my printer
HP Recommended

Hi kenzie95,

Since the printer has a Adhoc IP address 169.254.181.55 this means it is not connected to your home network. If it was connected to your home network it would have an IP address simular to 10.1.192.???. What you need to do is download and install the printer using the USB Setup of Wireless method below to get the printer connected to your home network. Once you have it installed, and it has transferred your network information from your computer you should have no more issue with printing or scanning. Let me know what you find out?

USB setup of wireless – Some HP wireless printers can use this wireless setup method during the printer software installation.

During this process you'll temporarily connect a USB cable between the computer and the printer. It's important that you connect and disconnect the cable only when prompted by the software, which will guide you through connecting and configuring your printer's wireless connection.

In some cases the software may automatically find your wireless settings for you.

To connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using USB setup of wireless, proceed to Installing Printer Software

USB setup of wireless

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Okay, I just ordered a usB cord and should get it by tomorrow! Thanks for your help!
HP Recommended

Hi Kenzie95,

No problem I am glad to help our customers anytime. Let me know how everything goes?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
I will!
HP Recommended
Okay so I installed it with the USB cord and when I open the HP utility it still won't connect and again the pop up shows up saying, "incompatible components: some components installed on your computer were developed for another version of HP Utility. These components will not be loaded and some functionality related to your device will not be accessible. Please click HP Support item on the toolbar to visit HP online Support site and download the latest versions of HP software."
HP Recommended

Hi kenzie95,

Let's scrub all the HP software from your system and re-install:

1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller

2. Click on Continue

3. Highlight your device on the left pane

4. Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Apple keys and click on Uninstall

5. There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled, which is why we don't run this thing all the time)

6. Click Continue

7. Let the scrubber do it's thing.

Now, do a Software Update to make sure that the scrubber did not wipe out any important files.

Next, download and install this software for your printer.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

err that download is for windows and this question is about OS X ...

HP Recommended

Hi huuanito,

Please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.