Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

DeskJet 3050A, AirPort Extreme, OSX 10.8

You say that WPA and WPA2 are supported, but how?  There is not documentation nor is there a method to enter the WPA password on the network setting.  Crap printer.

HP Recommended

Just bought the 3050 J610 series for my dad for Christmas. 

It is up and running, but the printer says it's not connected to the network and the light keeps flashing. It will print, but the light is flashing and we don't understand why. Please help. I want this to work for him before I head home. I've been at it for hours. 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

The flashing blue light means it is not connected via wireless.  I finally used HPs setup tool for mac to get it to work.  I didn't see a Mac tool on the CD that came with it, but I found it in the downloads support section.  It took me a couple install tries, BTW.

AFAICT, there isn't ever an option to enter in the WPA2 password on the printer itself, instead when the printer is connected via the USB cable and your computer is connected to the wireless router, I think it clones your WPA computer settings (i.e. password) and loads them to the printer via the USB cord during the install.  On one of my Macs (of three), I had to do the install while logged in using an admin account, instead of using the padlock click and admin password while logged in as a standard user to get it to work.  After running the install tool, it was connected to my wireless router (the connection table in the router confirmed it) and I never did feed it a password to connect during the process.

HP Recommended

I've been trying for about 4 hours to get my printer to work wireless but I can't figure it out. It worked for the previous couple of months but not it says unable to find printer. On the printer it says its connected to wireless but nothin I try works to get it to print that way. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but still everything I try has done nothing. Can someone help me out here. The reason I bought this thing was to run it wireless

Thanks

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention I have windows 7

HP Recommended

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

cannot load disk into mac as says do not load the cd that was in the pack with the printer? looked on the website and it is not clear where to find drivers 

HP Recommended

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

AZIZ

HP Recommended

the deskjet 3050A will work usb with the new HP laptop windows 7

i inserted the disc version 24.1.0 and ran through the process it recommended that i plug in with usb to get set up which i did.

it worked through usb

but when i tried through wifi it did not even find the printer, so

1. i checked the printer was on (sitting on top of it) well nearly and wifi on printer opperational and has an ip address 192.168.1.69  and when i examine connection wizard on laptop it shows hub and printer but tells me it cannot connect to it?? when i turn on the printer

2. if i leave the wizard and go back in the printer is missing again??

any help please

stevie

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.