Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,218 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 3050A All-In-One J611 series

I want to download my printer software onto my laptop. But the printer CD can not download because it doesnt support Windows 8.1. So I thought I can just download the software from this site but I am not sure what to use because I can not and repeat CAN NOT find my printer model.

It's exactly "Deskjet 3050A All-In-One J611 Series." Not J611A or J611C. Just J611 Series and I have been searching and searching but not a thing shows up except for the other numbers. What is the difference between these???

I'm frustrated because I'm not finding my answer. 
Please help asap!!

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Deskjet 3050A All-In-One J611 series

Hi there jiffanyyy,

Sorry to hear things aren't going easily with the install.

A utility I've used in the past is the printer install wizard, it automatically figures out what exact model/series of printer is trying to be installed. Then it downloads the right software for you, and lets you complete the setup.

Here's the link:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL50403/mp-122330-1/hppiw.exe

View solution in context
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 4 (1,201 Views)

Hi there jiffanyyy,

Sorry to hear things aren't going easily with the install.

A utility I've used in the past is the printer install wizard, it automatically figures out what exact model/series of printer is trying to be installed. Then it downloads the right software for you, and lets you complete the setup.

Here's the link:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL50403/mp-122330-1/hppiw.exe

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,198 Views)

Oh my gosh! This did the job!!! And I didn't have to do anything except to download it!! Life is complete! Thank you mister!!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Student
Message 4 of 4 (1,050 Views)

I had been using the Deskjet 3050A All-in-One J611 series in my Samsung Laptop - running Window 7, but yesterday , I wish to scan a copy but it show the Window PC cannot connect with the Deskject 3050A J611, right beside the icon, both had a triangle with ! and the yellow color at the triangle. I had tried to uninstall and install again from HP website, but still not working. Pls help and advise. thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation