Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (3,004 Views)

Deskjet 3050a J611 SERIES won't print

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and the printer simply won't print. I've downloaded and used the troubleshooter, and all it tells me is that I'm missing a driver. So I downloaded the thing and ran it, but it still won't work. The printer and drivers have been reinstalled multiple times, but it still won't WORK.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 7 (2,976 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050a J611 SERIES won't print

is this the one you've downloaded?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-91736-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (2,971 Views)

Yes.

When the drivers DO install, the printer refuses to connect. If I uninstall the printer and instal the drivers first, the printer simply doesn't print. I know it's connected because I can scan things; I just can't print.

PhD Student
Message 4 of 7 (2,950 Views)

If you can scan then it is connected...

any error message?

Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
PhD Student
Message 5 of 7 (2,949 Views)

Download & install this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-91788-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

its HP print diagnostic utility...diagnoses & fixes print issues automatically. Let me know the results of the test.
Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (2,944 Views)

SO. I redownloaded the drivers from the link you gave me, just in case ther was some change done.

beforedriver.png

THIS is what the printer screen looked like after I uninstalled the drivers. At this point, there seems to be no issues - the little tray thing is up.

Then I installed the driver and refreshed the page.

refresh.png

Yeah. There's something wrong. The tray thing is down but it doesn't give me an error message.

theheck.png

Until I click "see what's printing". So I run the diagnostic tool.

problem.png

attempt1.png

And then I reset my computer and it DOES THE EXACT SAME THING.

It didn't fix anything. It told me it fixed some things, but they showed up immediately after I rerun the tool.

Is that enough information?

PhD Student
Message 7 of 7 (2,934 Views)

For isolation purposes, can we try to connect this printer to a different computer...if same issue persists, then the printer is causing the issue...

If not, then its a computer problem.

If its the printer, contact HP tech support for possible replacement.

If computer, contact pc manufacturer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation