Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,058 Views)

Deskjet 3510 wireless setup problems

Just got my new hp3510. SW is installed on pc and printer ink and paper are installed and alignment page print & scan are done. I want to setup wireless direct. Directions say that I should see my wireless network name but see no way to invoke that from the printer. There is no wireless setup wizard on my printer control panel menu. When I try to connect my HP Slate 7 I see the printer on my tablet wireless list but I do not know the printer password. On the printer I can see the printer name but when I try to view the password I have a choice of Reset or Done. I am lost for now, does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,  - ko1s

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (2,042 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3510 wireless setup problems

[ Edited ]

Hello-

This Link should explain how to obtain the password for wireless direct setup.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03382115

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,033 Views)

Thank you Kicktires. I can now print wireless direct from my tablet but now a new problem.  Everything I send to my desktop PC cannot be printed. A message says the printer cannot connect to my router. It says if my router uses MAC address filterinh I should add the MAC address of my printer to the router. Upon further inspection my router does not have MAC address filtering. Not sure what to do. I could hook up the USB cable to the printer again but I think that disables wireless direct printing. Hmmmm ... more to do but thanks for your help.

PhD Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,029 Views)

Hello-

Some of our printers will turn off the wireless ability with a cable plugged in. I think yours can do both.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation