Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

So, I will ask before continuing that if there is not a different solution than that outlined below, please just tell me how to factory reset. 

To summarise the first issue, I am in a new location looking to set up the wifi. Now, I cannot set it up via the router as the SSID cannot be found (or does not match the computer) and so, the details on the printer and my computer are perpetually different. The printer is, for some reason, connected to an open network that I have never heard of and certainly never connected it or my computer to. This cannot be changed. I have uninstalled the driver and tried setting it up as a new printer. I have reset the wireless (wifi button + cancel). I have tried to set it up completely wirelessly and via USB. I have tried to input the correct information completely manually. The information is just not accepted. I have been suggested to just 'connect it to the correct router' but I hope you can see now how that is just not the case at the moment. 

Secondly. I cannot access the settings under the printer 'homepage' (I am aware of how to access the homepage itself, I refer to http://192.168.223.1 or http://[hostname]) as it is locked by the administrator. I set these details myself and unfortunately lost them (I now have the password via the network configuration page, but I need the username) and feel as though I need to access it to help with the first problem. I have contacted the HP support via social media who told me that the login is the router details - Which it is not, and the printer has never been able to connect to this router (see issue above). The username is not admin, nor blank, nor any variation of. The printer homepage tells me the network details (i.e the unknown open source that it is connected to) but I cannot access anything else due to not having the administrator details. I have tried all the solutions I listed above to also try and solve this, to no avail. 

Again, unless there is anything else that I haven't tried, please inform me. If not, I think the best solution would be to reset it entirely. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @ellie1996

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to configure the printer over wireless. 

Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting steps. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you able to make a copy on the printer? (This will let us know if the printer is working correctly or not.)

As you have already tried a lot of steps and doing a network reset as well. 

Recommend you to follow the procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer from your computer cleanly. 

Once the printer is uninstalled completely, configure the printer as a USB printer. 

Once the printer is working correctly with USB setup. You can refer to this HP Article for a procedure to convert the USB connection to wireless. 

This should resolve the issue you are facing. If you have tried this procedure as well. 

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.