cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BrianJoyce
Level 4
180 125 6 6
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Deskjet 3845

HP Recommended
Deskjet 3845
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Until yesterday this printer worked fine but I appeared to run out of ink.   I changed both color & black cartridges (not a cheap fix) but when trying to print, although the printer now makes all the right moves and noises, the paper is unmarked .   I tried to reach the Forum in the usual way but after logging in I keep getting:-

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HevnLgh
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BrianJoyce,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I see you recently changed the cartridges on your HP Deskjet 3845 Color Inkjet, and now it is printing blank pages.

I would like you to start troubleshooting here: 'No Print Cartridges Have Been Detected' Error Message, I understand you are not getting this exact error message but I would like you to complete the steps listed. focusing on the cleaning.

If you are still unable to print after the troubleshooting please call technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
BrianJoyce
Author
Level 4
180 125 6 6
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks. All's well now. I don't know which part of the advice given was the relevant bit but everything is now go!
BrianJoyce
Author
Level 4
180 125 6 6
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a further point, .... I still can't access the Forum by the usual route.   As previously mentioned, all I get after entering my name and password is "The connection was reset".   However, I was able to get your message by clicking the link in the email.

0 Kudos
BrianJoyce
Author
Level 4
180 125 6 6
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a further point, .... I still can't access the Forum by the usual route.   As previously mentioned, all I get after entering my name and password is "The connection was reset".   However, I was able to get your message by clicking the link in the email.

So, thanks again!

0 Kudos
HevnLgh
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BrianJoyce,

I apologize for overlooking that in my original reply, I thought because you were able to post a question you were able to log on successfully.

Which Web Browser are you using? I was able to research the error, and it looks like it is confined to Mozilla Firefox, is this the browser you are using, if yes take a look at the helpful video I found on Youtube.com:

how to fix connection was reset on your browsers

As for the update, thank you for that I am glad the HP Printer is up and running again. Can you please consider marking my recommendation (Message # 2 in this thread) as the Accepted Solution, so other Community members with the same problem can easily find a solution.

Thank you again, I appreciate the team work! :smileyhappy:

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation