Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The Sabrent USB to Parallel adapter is not available in the UK. I have tried 3 of those which are available here and the only one I have found to work with my HP720C printer is SWEEX CD004. (Available via Amazon UK from Ballicom International.)

HP Recommended

Good day Friend, I have this problem in Win8 would have any solutions??
very orbigado

Luis - 

HP Recommended
Like previous posts have said.... won't work
No sense to keep trying
Like beating a dead horse.
Printers ae so cheap these days
Just pick up a new (or newer used) printer with a USB port
Also be sure it is on the Win 8 hardware and device compatability list. (Or google it)
HP Recommended

@rochaz17 wrote:

Good day Friend, I have this problem in Win8 would have any solutions??
very orbigado

Luis - 

What printer model? Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 8?  Does your computer have a parallel port or are you using a USB-parallel adapter?

I have had success for the Deskjet 720/722 with the 32 bit version of Windows 8 with a computer with a parallel port.  Currently there is not a patch that works for the x64 version.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

1. Where can I find the patch.

2. How do I apply the patch, if I do not have the driver.

HP Recommended

dear friend, I have hp820cxi - Win8 - x64 - usb

thanks for the help

HP Recommended

@RickyJohn wrote:

1. Where can I find the patch.

2. How do I apply the patch, if I do not have the driver.

What printer model?  The drivers are delivered through Windows Update, typically automatically when the USB cable is connected.  You can also go to Start, Devices and Printers, Add a Printer, Use an existing port, LPT1: (as a placeholder), Next, Windows Update, (wait for the update to complete, will take a few minutes), then click HP for the manufacturer,  select the proper printer, Next, Next, Next, Cancel.

The patch is in the first post in this thread.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@rochaz17 wrote:

dear friend, I have hp820cxi - Win8 - x64 - usb

thanks for the help

There is currently no solution for this, information will be posted in this thread if a patch can be developed.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

tks your help

Luis

HP Recommended
I would click on "accept", except that it is nowhere to be found. The only buttons to the right are reply and quick reply. Again, thanks.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.