Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 990Cxi
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi.

I've had this HP Deskjet 990Cxi for years, and took it out of storage to use for printing mailing addresses on card stock. The cards I'm printing are 6" x 11.5", and I'm using an A4 (8" x 11.6") setting as that seems to be the best approximation regarding length of the card.

The first sheet card comes out fine, the second sheet prints fine, but upon ejecting, about half of the third sheet follows then jams, with the third sheet halfway out and no addresses printed on the third sheet.  I can usually press the feed button and it will eject the third card sheet and eject a 4th card sheet too. Then it will print two more cards just fine and repeat the jam by pushing a 3rd sheet out halfway with the 2nd sheet that was printed.

I've used rubbing alcohol to clean the rollers, I've tried different media settings for thickness, gloss, and even tried standard letter size, and it still sucks up the third sheet early and partially ejects it with the second sheet.

It prints out perfectly fine with standard 20# letter stock paper.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.