Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 14 (33,259 Views)

Deskjet F2180 and Windows 7

Hi

I have run HP update in order for Windows 7 to recognise my Deskjet F2180 printer. It is no longer listed as an option under Print, but is listed under Device Manager as Deskjet F2100 (DOT4PRINT). Troubleshooting ends in a failure to install the driver found on the internet. It will scan, but this option isn't as important right now as printing. I thought it would have at least rudimentary printing support under a 'modern' operating system. What can I do to get to recognise my printer?

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 14 (33,256 Views)

Re: Deskjet F2180 and Windows 7

Have you tried to download the software rather than search Windows Update? Click Here to download the software for your printer.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 14 (33,239 Views)

These download only works on a 64 bits system. I've tried both downloads to instal (the 32 and 64 bits drivers) but due the installation I get on both downloads the same error: Support: "Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7. I'm working with a 32 bits system. As far I can see the downloads are the same, both for 64 bits systems. There is no download for a 32 bits system. Maybe a mistake during the uploading?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 14 (33,235 Views)

I uninstalled the previous driver (a bit confusing since HP installs about 10 things), plugged it in and Windows 7 did the rest. It works fine now. For a simple operating system upgrade, I don't see why HP users should have download a 250MB (!) file.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 14 (33,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
I tried everything that's possible, nothing works for me. I'm using the Deskjet F4172. The driversoftware is just not compatible.
Message Edited by Jaschenca on 10-25-2009 09:05 AM
Honor Student
Message 6 of 14 (26,649 Views)

I am aware the posts is a little old but I am getting the same error, my installation CD is not compatible with windows 7. Is there any easy solution? Trying to download the file that someone suggested, it is taken ages to download however and I am on a great connection speed.

http://www.lovetoplaybingo.co.uk/
Honor Student
Message 7 of 14 (26,638 Views)

Nope, how did I guess, the downloaded file did not work, kept coming up with errors and said I had to wait until re-boot to uninstall.

http://www.lovetoplaybingo.co.uk/
Student
Message 8 of 14 (24,454 Views)

I tried to install Deskjet F2180 on my computer running on window 7 but i received a message saying that the operating system is no compatible with the printer.Please, assist me on what to do to install the above mentioned printer.

Suleiman Muhammad,

Nigeria.

Student
Message 9 of 14 (17,756 Views)

how to install printer F2180 to windows 7

Student
Message 10 of 14 (15,456 Views)

I have a similar probleim in that I have also run HP update in order for Windows 7 to recognise my Deskjet F2180 printer. It is no longer listed as an option under Print, but is listed under Device Manager as Deskjet F2100 (DOT4PRINT). Troubleshooting ends in a failure to install the driver found on the internet. It will scan.

The thing is the printer used to work, but then stopped one day because the computer failed to recognise it.

I have since connected it to another PC running Vista and it works fine.  But when I try and connect the Windows 7 PC via my home network I get the error message:

'Windows cannot connect to the printer. The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer which blocks NT 4.0 drivers'.

I have tried removing all drivers and HP software and reinstalling to no effect.  I have also just let windows get on with finding a driver but the loading of the drivers always fails, just leaving me with the scanner function!

Any ideas anyone - please!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation