Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,732 Views)

Deskjet F4180 - Black and White + Dual-sided printing

Hello all,

Ever since I upgraded my computer from XP professional x86 to Windows 7 professional x64, my Deskjet F4180 has not been working properly.

I am trying to create custom printing settings (or modifying an existing one)  with the following settings:

Paper sizes: Letter

Paper type: Plain

Print quality: Fast Draft

Print on both sides: Manual

Pages per sheet: 1 page per sheet

Print in grayscale: Black ink only

The issue is that I am unable to select both "Manual" for "Print on both sides" and "Black ink only" for "Print in grayscale".  I am able to select them individually if the other is not defined, just not together.

I have reinstalled the driver numerous times, and also tried Windows 7 Starter x86 without success.

Any ideas what might be causing this behaviour?

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 3 (1,598 Views)

Re: Deskjet F4180 - Black and White + Dual-sided printing

that is a problem in all models, including my D2460 deskjet

and AFAIK, there is no solutin to it.

if you found one, post it here please !

Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,443 Views)

Re: Deskjet F4180 - Black and White + Dual-sided printing

It is only a shame on HP. They force people to use the color cartage ink to print black documents when we need only fast draft option in double side printing. IT IS A SHAME.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation