Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2510

Printer was working fine.  Purchased new HP black cartridge [61] and installed it (NOT my first time).  Alignment page popped out and I pressed 'scan' button to align.  It did not.   Even with on-screen prompt to align, it would not work. Turned everything off and tried again from start.  Still nothing

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I too had issues like what you are going through. After speaking with HP Technical Support, no one could help, and they said it was a hardware issue.

My post is under "Ink System Failure", from BlondieTJG

HP Recommended

Hi Curious55,

Thank you for using HP products.

You can follow the steps in this document Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues. I understand you are not able to get a successful print right now but most of the time when the alignment fails it is due to the cartridges, follow through the print quality document is usually a quick fix for the alignment failing.

Also be sure to check the ink levels and make sure all cartridges have sufficient ink, as this could also cause the alignment to fail.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks  for the responses. Although I ended up solving it on my own, it was exactly as Wukong33 said.  I found the Troubleshooting on my own and which helped me to delete a file stuck in the queue [1.5 hours!].  Problem 1 solved.  Then, although there was still ink in my colour cartridge, it was low, so I begrudgingly replaced it.  Problem 2 solved.  Then I was able to print.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You are most welcome. Glad your issues have resolved.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.