Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 10 (664 Views)
Accepted Solution

Desktop Print Manager for all-in-one 7510

I own a 7510 HP Photosmart

Operating system - Windows Vista 64 bit

Connected - wireless

Set up on eprint

I have been able to use a desktop "dashboard" to scan, print, email etc... it has disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere to install again.

Change - all of a sudden I could not print.

1) Printer recognized computer

2) computer recognized printer

3) but when you went into properties and tried to "print a test page" it came up with an error

4) HP support helped me to get the printer to print by restarting the spooling

But now my HP 7510 Essentials "manager" is gone and everytime I click on the icon it asks me to connect to a printer, but it is already connected and does print. 

All I want is the manager back

I found this to be a very useful tool and I would like it back. Help please

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Desktop Print Manager for all-in-one 7510

Thank you for clarifying,

The HP Photosmart Essencial is not a part of the 7510 software, it is part of the software provided for older HP printers.

In order to resolve the problem completely uninstall the software by going to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Photosmart 7510 and follow the Uninstall option.

Next go to Control Panl > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program and remove any reminders of the software (e.g. HP Customer Participation, Readi Iris OCR, etc.)

Download and install the latest software below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-108855-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=5070121&sw_lang=

Then check for any change while accessing the printer software.

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 10 (649 Views)

Could you please let me know your intention by Manager?

Do you refer to the printer software which provide the Printer actions, Scanner actions, etc?

Can you see any icon listed as the printer name under the desktop or under Start > All Programs > HP > HP Photosmart 7510?

What happens when clicking on it or may you cant find a such at all?

Under Control Panel > Programs & Features, what HP items you may find listed?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Tutor
Message 3 of 10 (641 Views)

I first want to thank you for your reply. 

1) Yes.  I am refering to the software which provides printer actions.

2) Yes the icon is there

3) when I click on it, it goes straight to a) connect new printer 2) change wireless 3) other

4) Under control Panel - I see the printer

I hope you can help, I have even tried to reinstall by using the original disk that came with the printer and still nothing.

I also remember that when I installed eprint, it also had updated the same software to include the eprint, fax, scan, etc... and so I tried to reinstall eprint ... same result.

Tutor
Message 4 of 10 (639 Views)

JUst a quick note - I think it is the photosmart essentials software...and I can not find it anywhere

Provost
Message 5 of 10 (637 Views)

Thank you for clarifying,

The HP Photosmart Essencial is not a part of the 7510 software, it is part of the software provided for older HP printers.

In order to resolve the problem completely uninstall the software by going to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Photosmart 7510 and follow the Uninstall option.

Next go to Control Panl > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program and remove any reminders of the software (e.g. HP Customer Participation, Readi Iris OCR, etc.)

Download and install the latest software below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-108855-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Then check for any change while accessing the printer software.

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Tutor
Message 6 of 10 (635 Views)

Thank you. I will not be home today so, I will work on this this weekend and let you know.  I appreciate your help.

Tutor
Message 7 of 10 (618 Views)

AWESOME!  Thank you soo much.  Everything works now.  I gues it was conflicting with the older software on the system. 

Tutor
Message 8 of 10 (531 Views)

Hi,

I am hoping you can help again.  Well after it working for awhile now I can no longer open the printer assistant.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer to no avail.

Everytime I click on the Photsmart 7510 (printer assistant I get

" Line: 52
Error: Library not registered."

I do NOT use Internet explorer and yet I keep getting this script error and can no longer use the assistant to do anything.  Please help!

Associate Dean
Message 9 of 10 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]

Could you post a screen shot of the error you're getting?  I think I know what is happening, but I want visual confirmation. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
Message 10 of 10 (463 Views)

Printer assistant error.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation