cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
doz2212
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Devices won't recognize printer

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6978

I've had this printer set up for a few months with no problems. All computers, tablets, and phones were able to send to the printer wirelessly to print.  The other day I recieved a fax, and from that point on, nothing will recognize that there is a printer on the network. The printer is still connected. I've tried to reinstall the printer through my laptop, but it won't connect, even when manually entering the printers IP address.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,614
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @doz2212 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d be glad to be of your assistance!

Going through your post, I understand that the printer is not recognized by any device on your network. Let’s start by performing a network power drain that will help you fix this issue is most cases. Here are the steps:

• Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes.
  • Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.
  • Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.
  • Then turn on the printer and other devices and check for issue resolution.

If the issue still persists, then let’s try to restore the network and then reconnect the printer to the network. Follow the steps below:

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Wireless Settings, and then scroll down to find the "Restore network defaults" option.

4. Now, go back to wireless settings and touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

5. Touch the name of your network in the list of available networks, and then touch OK to connect the printer to the network.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation