cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Diagnostic Tool shows all well but still unable to print from Windows 7

HP Recommended

Just run Diagnostic Tool again for installed HP3050a Prints and Scans OK. However if attempting to 'print' the web page for instance, I am told that no printer is installed and when trying to 'add' device/printer drivers are asked for. I put in CD try to find drivers etc (which are obviously already installed anyway on HDD) and so on. This product has really screwed things up.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AndyE,

I'm going to go with the assumption that it has never worked so let's try uninstalling the software and reinstalling everything (bypassing the CD and getting the software directly from the HP website).

Step one: Uninstall the Basic Device Software

Use the following steps to remove the HP print driver and software.
  1. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the rear of the product.
  2. Click the Windows icon ( ) on the task bar, and then click All Programs . A list of programs installed on your computer displays.
  3. Click the HP or Hewlett Packard folder, and then check for the folder with the name and model number of your HP product.

4. If you find your product folder , click it, click Uninstall , and then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Basic Device Software.
  5. If you do not find your product folder , continue to the next step to uninstall other HP software from your computer.
Step two: Uninstall other HP software through the Control Panel

Remove any additional software specific to your HP product through the Windows Uninstall a programfeature. Follow these steps to uninstall the software.
IMPORTANT: If you have multiple HP printers installed on your computer, some of the software components could be shared. Use caution if the uninstaller asks if you want to remove shared files. Other HP printers or software programs might not work correctly if you delete certain files.
  1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Control Panel . The Windows Control Panel opens.
  2. Click Uninstall a program . A list of currently installed programs opens.
    NOTE:If you do not see any HP software in the list, there is no further software to remove from your computer.
  3. In the list of programs, click an HP software title, and then click Uninstall . Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
  4. Press the power button to turn off the HP product, and then unplug the product power cord from the wall outlet.
  5. Restart the computer.

Once you have everything uninstalled. We need to reinstall the software. You can get the software including the latest drivers and software from here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have already tried uninstalling and a reinstall from HP site. The printer (HP3050A J611 /HP079A45 model) works to other PC's (Windows XP) and shows up as a printer in 'printers and devices' on this laptop. However when page is sent to 'print' I am told 'a printer has to be added' and told to search for one, even though I can 'see' HP3050A in the list. I think the HP Software has corrupted Windows 7 somehow. I have tried to reinstall a HP7160 printer directly to no avail (software loads up and then will tell me not enough memory to complete)

Neither can I send to any printer on my network. I can scan from the HP3050 and it will receive eprints.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AndyE

You mentioned in your first post you were able to print and scan just fine; is that still the case? Does that mean you can print from other applications, but your web browser states that no printer is installed? If so what browser are you using and have you tried another browser?

We can eliminate the printer as the problem since your other computers are able to print and scan with no problems. How is your laptop connected to the printer? Are your other computers running Windows 7 as well?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No I am unable to print anything from Windows 7 Laptop WLAN .O.K from 2 PC's (1 LAN 1WLAN} both running XP. I believe my OS has been corrupted and will reinstall sometime. Has this problem HP Software v Windows 7 32bit occurred before?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AndyE

Based on your first post does the Laptop print using other applications? What about notepad?

I have seen something similar but usually it is a single application and re-installing that particular application resolves the issue. What web browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No will not print to any printer.

Will not print any Office docs/Excel

Will not print any web pages (either IE or Chrome)

nor any emails (Outlook)

If I send anything to Printer messge comes up telling me to select or find printer and box behind opens showing HP3050 /Microsoft XPS/Send to Onenote in 'Printers' but none are available

If I send any document to my eprint email address it does come back satis.

I have been unable to reinstall another HP printer which was working before this printer software installation.

HP have a very disgruntled customer here-I have spent many hours trying to resolve this problem. I am very reluctant to install HP3050 onto a new (Windows 7) PC I have just bought as a result in case the same thing happens! 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation