cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GeoCoastal
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Difference between HP 771 and HP 773 inks?

HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm in the process of ordering ink for our Z6600 Designjet plotter and confused by which ink set to order as the documentation states our model is compatible with both HP771 or HP773 ink cartridges although only explicitly lists HP773 cartridge numbers in the compatiblity matrix.

I can't find any information about the differences between the two ink series other than HP771 uses light cyan and HP773 uses cyan.

Questions:

1) Are there any differences between 771 and 773 inks? Pros and cons of choosing one over the other?

2) is it ok to mix and match 771 and 773 inks and printheads? Our plotter came with 771 inks and a mix of 771/773 printheads so I assume the answer is yes.

3) our plotter came with a 771 cyan starter cartridge. Is it okay to replace with 771 light cyan? Seems like switching to light cyan would produce lower quality prints no?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Wayne_B
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To my knowledge there is no difference.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation