Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What are the practical differences between the Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and Officejet Pro 8600 aio printers?  Aside from the glass size of legal vs. letter size?  Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

The major differences are with the two-sided options - the 8600 Plus allow you to duplex both the original from the feeder and the print output, while the 8600 provide print duplex only.

Another major difference is the Digital Filing feature - the 8600 Plus provide direct scanning and faxing to a Shared network folder and email, while the 8600 support a shared folder only.

Additionally, the printer touch screen of the 8600 plus is 4.3", comparing a 2.65" for the 8600.

It also means that there maybe some difference with Web Apps availability for the models.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I am trying to learn the difference between the Officejet Pro 8600 and the Officejet Pro 8600a.

HP Recommended

Please see the answer from ShlomiL - which I copy below:

Re: Differences between Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and Officejet Pro 8600 aio printer?

Hi,

The major differences are with the two-sided options - the 8600 Plus allow you to duplex both the original from the feeder and the print output, while the 8600 provide print duplex only.

Another major difference is the Digital Filing feature - the 8600 Plus provide direct scanning and faxing to a Shared network folder and email, while the 8600 support a shared folder only.

Additionally, the printer touch screen of the 8600 plus is 4.3", comparing a 2.65" for the 8600.

It also means that there maybe some difference with Web Apps availability for the models.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution

I personally went for the 8600 Plus and I like it a lot.

HP Recommended
Thanks.
HP Recommended

I presume Hp Pro 8600 premier might have been the old model and The HP 8600 plus model is the latest one. Am I right?

HP Recommended

No, they are just 2 different models within the 8600 family at different price and feature points.  HP chnages the numbers like 8500 and 8600 to show generational differences.

HP Recommended

Hi,

To clarify, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 series include 3 different models:

8600 Plus

8600 Premium.

As you may find listed within my previous post, those are the differences between the 8600 and 8600 Plus.

The 8600 Premium model provide the same capabilities of the 8600 Plus, with an addition of a 2nd paper tray and an extra set of color ink cartridges (Magenta, cyan and Yellow).

Regarding the post above about the 8600 vs. the 8600a model, there is no such HP model as 8600a...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification.

I assume the ink cartridges for all three are the same? I am trying to find replacement cartridges for our 8600, but most places only refer to the 8600 Plus.

Thanks,

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.