Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,892 Views)

Director Player Error - Scanjet 3000 s2 from CD Install

Trying to run the Setup.exe from the install CD received with the Scanjet 3000 s2 on a Windows 7 HP laptop, I get the error "Director Player Error", "Property not found", "#restartEXE".  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash and continue to have the issue.  Tried the install on 2 other PCs and they do not have the same problem.  Any idea what is causing the issue?

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,838 Views)

Re: Director Player Error - Scanjet 3000 s2 from CD Install

It turns out this is an issue with the uninstall of a previous HP software.  HP support analyzed my PC and found the following registry entries were not properly removed by the uninstall program of the other HP scanner (Scanjet 5590) product's sofware.  Upon deleting these entries, the software install worked just fine.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\Scanjet]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\Scanjet\Current]
"langSJ5590Series_WW"=dword:00000001
"installData"="[1, 2, 3]-3-[1, 2]"
"langSJ3000s2_WW"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\Scanjet\SJ5590]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation