Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printers digital diaplay screen on the printer is now illuminated with a white background instead of black which made it virtually impossible to read any text. you could still make out the icons, but the text underneath were unreadable.

I went to print and It would go through the process and the paper would come out with it barely showing much of anything. There would be a little on there but it would be fogging or just gone.

I turned off/unplugged printer for 2 minutes and nothing changed after powering back up. Still goes thru the print process, page comes out with barely much ink on it(if so its foggy), and display board is still illuminated in white instead of black) background and text unreadable.

Please help.... anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @okstateman, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues with printer control panel.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned the printer control panel is illuminated with a white background instead of black due to which you are unable to see anything.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the product.
Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Disconnect the power cord from the product.
Wait 30 seconds.
Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the product.
Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
Reconnect the USB cable to the product.
Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

If the issue still persists, please update the firmware on your printer and check if it helps.

Link to update the printer firmware.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'm watching your reply!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, it still failed to fix th eissue as the background is still white/grey and text is unreadable so I cannot even read the error code on the display.

The firmware was up to date so that failed as well.

It appears to be a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @okstateman,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have already tried performing a hard reset on the printer as well as updating the firmware update on the printer and still having the issue. I would personally suggest this could be a printer hardware. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service related options. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.